Cream of broccoli and vegetable soup
with Glocken-Beune Smoked Beef
Topping: deep-fried onions
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: approx. 20 min.
For the onions:
|Rapeseed oil for deep-frying|
For the soup:
|80 g||root celery|
Salt, freshly ground pepper
|100 ml||white wine or apple juice|
|750 ml||vegetable stock|
|1 handful||young spinach|
|1 tablespoon||lemon juice|
|75 ml||double cream|
|100 g||Glocken-Beune Smoked Beef|
A few sprigs of parsley to garnish
- Peel the onion, cut into thin slices and toss in flour.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan to approx. 170 °C (approx. 1–2 cm deep), and fry the strips of onion until crispy.
- Remove from the pan and allow to drain on kitchen roll.
- Peel the onion, parsnip and root celery and chop everything finely.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan and sauté the vegetable mixture lightly for 3–4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, douse with white wine or apple juice, and allow it to reduce slightly.
- Pour in the stock and allow to simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
- Wash the broccoli and allow it to drip dry. Pluck and wash the spinach, and shake it dry.
- Blanch the broccoli for approx. 3 minutes in boiling salt water. Add the spinach for the last minute. Drain, shock with cold water, and drip dry. Add both to the soup and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Purée the soup, and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
Serve in soup bowls with cream, sprinkling the deep-fried onions over it and adding the smoked beef. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.