with vegetables and Glocken-Beune Gourmet Smoked Rolled Fillet of Ham
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: approx. 25 min
|200 g||brown lentils|
|1/4 tsp of||sugar|
|2 tablespoons of||vinegar|
|2||chioggia beets (boiled and vacuum-packed)|
|1 small handful of||
young kale leaves
|3 tablespoons||apple vinegar|
|4 tablespoons||olive oil, freshly ground pepper|
|100 g of||Glocken-Beune Gourmet Smoked Rolled Fillet of Ham|
A few leaves of watercress to garnish
- Rinse the lentils and cook in boiling water for 20–25 minutes until just tender. Add salt only towards the end of the cooking period.
- In the meantime, wash the radish, peel it and grate it into fine slivers. Allow it to stand for a while in a bowl with a little salt, sugar and vinegar.
- Rinse the beets and cut into wedges.
- Separate the kale leaves. Wash them, shake them dry and if necessary, tear them into smaller pieces.
- Pour the water off the lentils, rinse in cold water, and leave to drain.
- Wash, core and dice the apple.
- Peel the shallot, chop very finely and mix into a dressing with the apple, apple vinegar, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lentils, beets, radish and ham artistically on four plates. Dribble the dressing over them and serve garnished with watercress.
If no chioggia beets are available, you can also use beetroot.